Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two Poems (Including Guest Author)


**Recently, I was chatting with my sister and was excited when she graciously accepted my offer to submit a guest post for the blog.  She just concluded a class on poetry, so she suggested a poem and I couldn’t resist the chance to dive into this art form with her.  We each came up with a poem and here’s what came out.  Enjoy!  

The Sea


My feet beat

the beach of concrete,

While an asphalt ocean

Roars nearby.

With the crest and fall

Of the cars coming call

And the hazy fog

Of their exhausted goodbyes.

The iridescent glare

Of the oil spills stare

From the black-blue waters

Of the rocky seaside.

But from the narrow gray shore,

I tend to ignore,

The soft spoken sighs,

Of a sea run bone dry.

-Emily Gross, 3/20/11



Eyes close and I wake up
Creations come from within
The characters, faces I have seen
The scenes, places I have been
And the voices, words I have heard
Stories are real but fantasy
Sometimes forgotten
Sometimes not

Now it is just me
And I am
Crying…

I open my eyes and wake up
Beads of sweat and a deep string of heartbeats
Click…click…click
The repetition reminds me
I am back in the world of the clock
The one that does not appear
But just clicks forward

Where does it come from?
Producing torment and sorrow that haunt me
Brings tears forth
I am not safe
In either conscious

I must overcome
It resides somewhere in me
The clock or my dreams
Find the source
Understand it
Reflect it out of my mind

I must awake

-JDG




1 comment:

  1. it's got game........it could reach me and i could hear it..........tom

    ReplyDelete